We supply all the major contact lens brands including:
Are contact lenses for you?
Major advances in contact lens design mean that almost everyone can wear contact lenses these days. Here are the benefits:
- Many common eyesight defects can be treated using contact lenses
- Bifocal lenses are available for those who find it difficult to shift focus
- Most people see better with contact lenses than with glasses
- All round freedom and convenience
Choosing the right contact lenses?
First, you’ll need to visit us to have an eye examination. We’ll determine the strength of lenses required, the level of lubrication needed and the curvature and diameter of your cornea.
Then we review the types of lenses available to you from the following kinds:
These are the most popular because they’re easy to adapt to and more comfortable to wear. Made from a material containing water,they’re very gentle on your eyes but will need to be replaced quite frequently.
Gas Permeable Lenses
If your eyes require extra oxygen or if you have a high degree of astigmatism then these lenses are designed to allow more oxygen to pass the surface of the eye. They may take a little longer to get used to but will last longer than soft lenses.
Becoming increasingly popular as they eliminate the need for a lens care routine although depending on the type of lens and the wearing environment, the frequency of replacement can vary significantly from daily to monthly or more.
UV Blocking Lenses
The Contact Lens That Knows LightTM
ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™, light adaptive contact lenses.
Are you one of the 64% of the population who admit to being bothered by bright light daily?
When it comes to light that bothers you, ACUVUE® OASYS
with Transitions™ helps you enjoy each moment while reducing the
stressful impact that light can have on your eyes.
In addition to the above we also offer special use lenses to enhance the look of traditional lenses, such as Freshlook coloured contact lenses.
How much do they cost?
- You can trial our contact lenses for £25
- Contact lens check up £35
- Contact lens check (with eye examination) £55
- Monthly disposable contact lens schemes start from £13/month (includes all fees, solutions and lenses +20% off Specs)
- Daily disposable contact lenses are also available
- Click here for information about our services and fees
Looking after your lenses
Unless you wear daily disposable lenses, cleaning and disinfecting contact lenses are essential to ensure good vision and healthy eyes.
There are many different cleaning and care products available and the most appropriate type will depend on your lens type, the replacement frequency and your eyes themselves. We will make sure you use the most appropriate solutions for your lens needs.
You can find more information about contact lenses from the British Contact Lens Association